Thanks Howard for this bit o’ fun! I’m going to put the first few lines of the next 25 songs that play in my iTunes. Without resorting to an Internet search engine, can you guess the song and the artist? As people get them right, I’ll mark them out, add the title and artist, and give credit to whomever got it. Try to resisting cheating now. Ready? Here we go!
1. Wearin’ my high boots, Got all my worldlies here in a sack.
2. Strange face, with your eyes, so pale and sincere. Underneath you know well you have nothing to fear.
4. I’m all at sea where no one can bother me Forgot my roots, if only for a day.
5. I don’t want excuses. I don’t want your smiles. I don’t want to feel like we’re apart a thousand miles.
6. In sleep he sang to me. In dreams he came. That voice which calls to me, and speaks my name. – Andrew Lloyd Weber – Phantom of the Opera – Dusty
8. On & on & on, here’s the break of dawn coming through the window heart, pull yourself a chair up love.
9. Well I’m leaving my family, I’m leaving all my friends. My body’s at home, but my heart’s in the wind.
10. I never liked this apple much, it always seemed too big to touch. I can’t remember how I found my way before she came around.
11. Oh when they beat upon a broken guitar, and on the streets they reek of tropical charms.
12. It’s getting so lonely inside this bed. Don’t know if I should lick my wounds or say woe is me instead.
13. Moving down the fuselage toward the open door, catch you looking down outside to see what lies ahead.
19. I’m coming in, got the wood stove on at the end of a treasured day, take off my hat and shoes and i lay me down.
20. There’s something I want to tell you. There’s something I think that you should know.
21. Well I’ve been lying awake all night just thinking of you, but a bottle of whiskey lies heavy obstructing my view.
23. Can you feel a little love. As your bony fingers close around me, long and spindly, death becomes me.
Good Luck! 🙂