I have been working on this for a few days now, so I apologize for the lack of posting yesterday! 🙂
So, this bit of Meme fun was again passed on to me from Howard, who revceived it from Andy. So I take the tag in stride, and present the 5 reasons I blog.
1. Because, Dan told me I had to! He keeps a livejournal, and told me I could only see it if I decided to blog. He had wanted me to join livejournal, but I didn’t really like it. So I tried blogger, and didn’t like it. Then came iWeb, so I finally ventured into blogging. Well here I am now on wordpress after hating iWeb’s incapability to grow over time. I didn’t think I would enjoy blogging, so I resisted, now, I am unstopable. 🙂 Now if I could just get Dan to start posting more!
2. It gives me an outlet to share things that I find funny, or that I just need to vent about to nobody in particular. Many times I have had fun little stories that have come along that I felt the need to share. Blogging has given me the opportunity to do that to a much wider audience! Even more so now on WordPress. People are actually finding this blog!
3. Because it has turned out to be a lot more fun than I imagined it would be. Before I started, I didn’t find much fun in writing, and thought that would be the case for blogging. I didn’t think I could possibly find anything to write about, but, Hey, what do you know, it turns out I have been able to find stuff to keep this going for almost a year now!
4. I do a lot of it for myself, but in the end it is out there for the people that read my blog. I am enjoying the positive responses lately that I have been getting about my blog. I would say in turn, it has been good for my self esteem, a by-product that I did not expect! While this may not be a reason I started blogging, it is a reason that I continue to blog.
5. It has given me a great way for people that I don’t see very often, or that don’t know me very well, to see inside myself a little. However, I think the end result is that they have seen just how much of a real dork I am!
I am sure there are other reasons that are unknown to my psyche that have kept me blogging, but these are the big ones. I hope that I can continue to inform and entertain you all! Thanks for reading!
Apparently, this seems to be a hot subject. There is a contest out there now to win prizes at www.whydoyoublog.com. Thanks to Amber at Adorablay Animals for that heads up!
Engtech is also hosting a little contest about why I started this blog. I had originally thought about entering his contest writing a post about something technology based, but this works just as well! 🙂
Ah, well, now who to pass this on to… Well the first person I wanted to tag, beat me to it. Amber put up her reasons this morning. So next is Anthony, Dusty, Dan and finally The Hermit! Get going all! 🙂